Sunday, January 29, 2017

Call to Action-Mom

UPDATE:  I have been in touch with Representative Amber Mariano and she will set up a meeting for anyone with concerns about their incarcerated loved ones.

Senator Keith Perry went to Lowell on Wednesday and made a tour of the prison.  Of course, he never talked to any inmates.  The compound spent days cleaning up before his visit and showed him the nicest areas.

I talked to his aide and we can email Perry (perry.keith@flsenate.gov) with any concerns we have about our incarcerated loved ones in Florida.  I would suggest if you email him, you only address serious matters like officer abuse, retaliation, food and so forth so that he takes it seriously.  As soon as I am better I am going to meet with the local representatives in my area,  Jack Latvala (R) and Amber Mariano (R) who is only 21 years old.  If anyone would like to join me, please message me.  Their offices are in Clearwater.

A woman guard is harassing my daughter Sadie again calling her a whore and looking for anything to have her put in jail.  My daughter is afraid to file a grievance for fear of retaliation and because this new admin does not seem particularly interested in grievances so I am holding off for now in contacting the higher ups.

If you have a loved one incarcerated in Florida, I beg you to email Perry, Latvala and Mariano to address your concerns.  You do not have to give your loved one's name if you don't feel comfortable.  If you are a former inmate, you need to email them about your experience.  The politicians need to start addressing the inhumanity and lack of rehabilitation and nothing is going to change unless we speak up.

No comments:

Post a Comment