Saturday, January 7, 2017

Morgan's Story

Hello, my name is Morgan Leppert.  I am 24 years old.  My life was taken from me when I was 14.  Here is a brief story of what happened:

At 14 I fell in love with a man who was 7 years older than me.  I thought he was the only thing that mattered in my world.  I thought it was love and he turned out to be a monster.  I put him before my own family.  Well, I ended up running away with him and while on the run he robbed and killed someone.  We were found a week and a half later in El Paso, TX.  We were charged with 1st degree murder, armed robbery and burglary with assault.  We were sent to prison with 3 life sentences.  My life was gone, my dreams were shattered.  I came to prison when I was 15.  It was the hardest thing for me and my family.  I went to boot camp until I was 21 then sent to general population.  I have learned so much about responsibility, structure, obedience, discipline and so much more.  I have been a mentor for a lot of the young ones coming in and I have met so many amazing people who have made a major impact on my life.  I ended up giving myself to God and when I did everything started turning around for me.  I use to have no hope; no faith.  Now you can't tell me anything different.  I went from being the youngest female inmate with a life sentence in the state of Florida to a woman of God with a release date.  Believe me, I have had hard times in prison but it had gotten better in due time.  Miracles are being done left and right.  In the last couple of months the Supreme Court picked up my case, got in touch with my lawyer and granted me a re-sentencing hearing for the third time.  Thank God.  I already have a hearing set for February.  It may sound crazy but it could have been worse.  Coming to prison saved my life.  It showed me how valuable life is and how you cannot take anything for granted because it can be taken from you in the blink of an eye.  Words of advice!  The time you do is up to you and how you want your life to be.  Don't ever give up because God gives blessings in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment