Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Not A Good Day

Today was not a good day for women in prison.  Prison can have good days.  We are allowed to be happy-that is a basic human right.  We committed crimes-some worse than others.  The only consistent thing about DOC is prisoners are all treated the same; less than human.  Prison is the punishment but that is not good enough.  Let's make their lives as miserable as possible.  We make the best of it but it is very difficult.

I personally have found my own way through.  I have found a balance; a routine.  Still, it is very difficult for someone like me who does not make waves here and walks the straight and narrow.  Positive support from admin and staff would help.  No, really dig prison into them.

We become numb then we are released back into society-institutionalized.  I promise my mom, my daughter and all of you and God that I will never let anyone make me believe that I am not worthy or that I have no value.  I am a wonderful woman, a loving mother, a loving sister and I am a loved and valued daughter.  I AM NOT AN INMATE.  I AM A HUMAN BEING.

No comments:

Post a Comment