Thursday, December 22, 2016

Update on Sadie's Health

 So, I emailed the warden back and asked if she had talked to my daughter and gotten her version and she said she would be talking to her the next morning with a very accusatory tone. I could not sleep all night because I thought this is not good and they are probably going to put her in confinement. I was a wreck all day until Sadie called. She said the warden and assistant warden called her down and at first were very accusatory. My daughter is very intelligent, presents herself well and explained the situation to them. One of their arguments is you should not be upsetting your mother and getting her involved and Sadie told them that I am her only advocate and my feelings about the prison system. As the conversation went on, the warden became more and more open and friendly and realized also that the doctor had lied and that Sadie was not getting the treatment for the symptoms she had. During the interview she asked Sadie, "why are you even here". So Sadie told her her story and told her I am here for spiritual reasons to learn about myself. The warden said she would make sure that Sadie would get the tests she needed and if she had anymore problems with the doctor to come directly to her. The reason the warden even met with her because I have a reputation with the higher-ups as the "mother from hell" and they know that I won't let up until somebody listens. So, that is why it is so important to advocate. Unfortunately, many families are not savvy enough, don't care enough or are afraid of the system and of their loved one getting targeted. So, that is the end of that for now.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Good for you, mom, and good for Sadie! I hope she truly does get the care she needs & deserves. ♡

    ReplyDelete